Restaurant of the day
Here's today's special recommendation. Bon appétit!
Barcelona and Its Markets
The aromas, colours, the bustle of the crowds and extremely fresh top-quality produce. A stroll through Barcelona’s markets is an unmissable experience in every sense of the word.
Barcelona and food shops
Traditional produce is sold at colmados, old-style grocer’s shops which have become a symbol of the city and fine food.
Barcelona on a plate
Barcelona's tastiest recipes… they'll make you mouth water!
The seasons pass with the pages of the calendar… as you whet your appetite. Discover the foods that match the seasons of the year.
History of Catalan cuisine
Seven hundred years of history count for a lot… and on the table too. Travel through time in the most flavoursome way.
The summer is the perfect time to take a stroll through the streets and enjoy the cuisine and open-air activities. Here are a few suggestions:
- Summer nights al La Pedrera
- Marine activities in Barcelona
- The Labyrinth Tour in Barcelona
- Wine and Cava near Barcelona
Walk through the parks, discover the beaches, visit a museum or take a short trip out of town.
- 11th. World Congress on Computational Mechanics. 20-25 July 2014
Specialized forum on computational methods and their applications in mechanics.
- Circuit Festival. 6-17 August 2014
The biggest international gay and lesbian festival.
- ESC Congress. 30 August - 3 September 2014
To reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease in Europe.
- FIBA Basketball World Cup. 6-9 September 2014
The best basketball of the world.