Gaudí Crypt - Colonia Güell
World Heritage Site
Discover Gaudí’s most hidden treasure, the Gaudí Crypt which is located inside the Colonia Güell, a textile village packed with surprises just 20 minutes outside Barcelona.
The Crypt is the church of twisted columns, the laboratory for the Sagrada Família which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005.
- You’ll be amazed at the Crypt, where the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí experimented with many architectural solutions before building the Sagrada Familia (World Heritage Site, 2005).
- In addition to Gaudí’s building, the Colonia Güell gives visitors the opportunity to:
- Explore its streets while admiring the most important Catalan art-nouveau, or modernista buildings in the life of the village, which are of great architectural interest.
- Visit the Interpretation Centre inside the former workers’ cooperative. The centre has a permanent exhibit that provides the keys to understanding the village as a whole and the church in particular.
- The Colonia Güell has been declared a Property of Cultural Interest and is one of the largest industrial complexes in Catalonia. Here people worked and learned skills in a new integrated urban design that was innovative for its time.
- The Colonia offers visitors a wide variety of tourist services including guided tours, audioguides, dramatised tours, etc. and other general services, including rest areas, car and bus parking, etc.
- Opening times of the Colonia Güell:
- 1st May to 31st October: Monday to Friday, 10am-7pm | Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 10am-3pm.
- 1st November to 31st April: Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm | Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 10am-3pm.
- Closed: 1/1, 6/1, 1/4, 18/4, 14/12, 25/12 and 26/12.
- The price includes:
- General admission + Audioguide system: admission to the Gaudí Crypt + Interpretation Centre and guide and map to the Colonia Güell + audioguide system.
- General admission + Audioguide system + Transport: admission to the Gaudí Crypt + Interpretation Centre and guide and map to the Colonia Güell + audioguide system + Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Cataluña (Return ticket) .
- Audioguide system in languages: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Japanese.
- How to get to the Colonia Güell (Santa Coloma de Cervelló): By Train - Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Cataluña (FGC), from Plaça España (Barcelona) - Lines S33, S8 and S4; stop Colònia Güell. | By road – from the B-2002 between Sant Boi de Llobregat and Santa Coloma de Cervelló. From the C-31 (in the direction of Sant Boi de Llobregat), the C-32 (exit 53) and A2 and A7 (in the direction of Sant Boi de Llobregat). See map
Business providing the service: CRIPTA GAUDÍ COLÒNIA GÜELL
 932 853 832
Additional information to purchase the ticket
- Reduced admission: retirees, senior citizens, students and large families. The requisite accreditation must be provided.
- Under 10 years old: free.
- 10% discount does not apply to ticket "General admission + Audioguide system + Transport".