Casa Bacardí de Sitges
More than 145 years of history from Sitges to Cuba
The Casa BACARDI is a visitor attraction in Sitges, the hometown of the founder of the company, Don Facundo Bacardí Massó.
- The centre is housed inside the historic Old Market, a modernista building dating from 1890 designed by the architect Gaietà Buigas and located in the old quarter of Sitges.
- Casa BACARDI offers visitors a unique experience which reveals the history and development of the Bacardi company, which was founded in Cuba in 1862.
- The guided tour takes in four different areas:
- The first, known as the Heritage room, welcomes visitors and explains the connections between the BACARDI brand and Sitges. This area focuses in particular on the “americanos” (people from Sitges who emigrated to Cuba and other parts of Latin America). It also explains how the company has evolved from its foundation in 1862 to the present day.
- The second room shows the different phases involved in manufacturing Bacardi Superior Rum and visitors can explore the world of molasses, stills, barrels and the filtering processes.
- The third room is the BACARDI Lounge Bar, where visitors can learn how to make and sample original cocktails under the expert guidance of professional mixologists.
- The centre also has an outdoor terrace which is for visitors only
- Friday: at 12 noon, 1.15pm, 5.15pm, 6.15pm and 7.45pm, Spanish, and at 4pm, English.
- Saturday: 12 noon, 1.15pm, 5.15pm and 6.30pm, Spanish, and at 4pm, English.
- Sunday: 1.15pm, 5.15pm and 6.30pm, Spanish and at 4pm, English.
- Venue: Casa Bacardi. Mercat Vell de Sitges. Plaça Ajuntament 11, Sitges
- How to get there: RENFE from Passeig de Gràcia and Sants, every 15 minutes approximately. Journey time: 45 minutes.
Business providing the service: CASA BACARDI
 932 853 832
Additional information to purchase the ticket
- Free admission for under 18s accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
- Reduced entrance: students* and over 65 years old.
You must present your student ID card along with the student ticket.
- Underage consumption of alcohol is prohibited.