Barcelona Walking Tours Picasso
Two hours in the life of Picasso
A guided tour of some of the key places where the artist spent his time when he lived in Barcelona. The tour explores Picasso’s Barcelona in depth. An expert guide will accompany you through the bohemian Barcelona of Picasso’s youth and take you on a tour of the world-famous Museu Picasso.
- You’ll discover the city as it was in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, along with the history of the famous painter, through anecdotes about his friends and the events that influenced his life and artistic career.
- You’ll be able to admire the modernista restaurant Els Quatre Gats, the meeting place for the intellectuals and artists of the day; the friezes on the façade of the Col·legi d’Arquitectes, the only open-air piece of artwork by Picasso; the Llotja de Mar, the art school where he studied; the Carrer Avinyó, which the artist frequented and was a source of inspiration for his famous painting “Les Demoiselles d’Avignon”… and the museum which is home to the most important collection of works from his early life when he was studying art.
- Wireless tour guide system designed to aid communication between participants and the guide.
- Visits guaranteed. Limited places.
- Departure point: Turisme de Barcelona information office at: Plaça de Catalunya, 17 basements.
You should be at the information office 10 minutes before Picasso's tour visit begins.
- Duration of the tour: 1 hour tour on foot + 1 hour guided tour of the Picasso Museum.
- In English: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, at 3pm.
- Closed: 1/1, 6/1, 25/12, 26/12 and public holidays 1/5, 24/6, 11/9, 1/11 and 6/12.
- The price includes admission to Museu Picasso.
- See map of the route Barcelona Walking Tours Picasso.
- At the end of the tour, you’ll be able to enjoy the charms of the shops and restaurants in the Born district.
 932 853 832